Thursday, March 03, 2005

Both Feet In

Well, here I am. It’s only been a little over a week after my going-away lunch at my old office and it feels like years ago already. I’m getting settled in here in my new life, but it feels so strange.

I made it down on Saturday and got somewhat settled. As much as you can when you are living with two people you don’t know. I’m learning how this situation works, but it will nice to get my own place, just for the sake of actually feeling at home. But I am also so very thankful that the Lord has provided this place for me to stay. (Except for the fact that I am living out in the sticks with only 1 bar of cell coverage, if I don't move around.)

I sat by the river on Sunday and just cried my eyes out. My parents had helped me move down and they had just left and I felt so very alone and scared. It has been awhile since I’ve been in a new town so very far away from home where I didn’t know anyone. I had forgotten how daunting it can be. But the foreboding feeling has quickly slipped away as I’ve gotten to know some people and jumped into things at the ranch. There were only about two days where I was seriously ready to just repack all my stuff and head home.

But the Lord is so good to me. I’ve only been at the ranch for three days of training so far, but am already feeling like this is going to be an amazing community. There may be a more permanent place to call home becoming reality in a few months, and I’m trusting God in His plan for a job. Two nights this week I’ve been invited to dinner at homes of the ranch staff. This is feeling more and more like I could call this place home soon.

This has definitely been an experiment in obedience for me and I know that there is still more to come. It can be a bit of a scary thing, but I know God’s plans are more than I could even ask or imagine, so I’m ready to trust Him for them.

No comments: