Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It's Starting to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Wow, Thanksgiving is already over and the Christmas season is hurrying on by. I always wonder every year how it could have come so quickly, but I’m not complaining – this is a great time of the year. (Unless of course, you work in retail, then I guess it’s not so pleasant. I do remember, though.)

I started off the Turkey Day festivities with a little romp in the mud. I dug out my old lacrosse cleats (they haven’t seen daylight in a few years) and joined the boys (and a few brave girlfriends of mine) on the football field for what sounded like fun for the moment. Four days later and I am just now recovering from the torture I subjected my body to. Ouch! This girl is not used to 2 hours of running around and tackling people. Well, tackling would be a skewed term – chasing after the QB and occasionally 2 hand touching would be a little more accurate.

After the turkey, stuffing, and all the works had a day to settle, we went and picked out our Christmas tree. The morning following that I got a wake up call from a friend saying to get ready because I was being treated to The Nutcracker at McCaw Hall in Seattle. Not a bad way to wake up! We had a fabulous time enjoying the freezing cold weather, wonderful friends, and a beautiful ballet.

The Christmas season is officially upon us!

No comments: