Thursday, November 04, 2004

Once Upon A Time...

I like stories.

I am currently reading (for the first time) The Chronicles of Narnia. I know, I know, I was deprived during my childhood because I didn’t grow up with these stories, but I think I turned out alright.

As I am reading through the Chronicles, I am trying to catch all the symbolism and Lewis’ motivation for telling this fantasy behind the stories that he told. I was doing alright through The Magician’s Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, & The Wardrobe, but am slightly lost to the story behind The Horse & His Boy. I’m right in the middle of the book and that is usually the most difficult time to see what is really going on and what the outcome will be.

I’ve discovered along this journey of mine that that holds quite true for real life as well. As I travel through my days, I wonder what adventures I may behold along the way and the reason for them. And what the compilation of those adventures will be at the end of my life. Ultimately I know that my end result will be heaven, but my days here on earth hold much mystery.

I know the story that Christ is making with my life is a good one – he’s already promised me that. I’m just learning how to enjoy the ride and not get caught up in the details. I’ve taken to heart a line from my current reading.

“One of the drawbacks about adventures is that when you come to the most beautiful places you are often too anxious and hurried to appreciate them.” ~ C.S. Lewis, A Horse & His Boy

May you be blessed today and may you enjoy the journey!

No comments: