Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Love Note

I found a little love note this morning. It wasn’t for me, but for the next best thing – my parents. This is one reason why I am blessed to be where I am at right now – otherwise I might have missed this.

My mom had left a little note by the coffee pot for my dad, brother and I saying something about pears being ripe, so we should eat them. My dad had written on top of the note, “Just to let you know, I know what you do. I can tell the tub’s been cleaned, even the sink. And in the dark I know that my underwear drawer is full and I could smell the coffee.”

It may seem like trivial little things, but I know that note will mean the world to my mom (my guess is that it might even bring her to tears). That is what I want to learn, that even after 27 years of marriage, the little things matter.

Find someone who you can encourage today, by taking the time to notice the small things.

No comments: