Friday, December 10, 2004

Giving up Control (at least what control I thought I had)

Sometimes this temporal life that I lead seems to take center stage. I get caught up in the day to day of my earthly existence and fail to see the broader scope of things.

So many times, as I go about ‘life,’ I get so tunnel-visioned. I somehow get it into my head that what I see is all there is. I am the one in control, if I am not the one to make everything happen, my life will fall by the wayside.

I do agree that I have a part (I can’t just sit as a bump on a log and expect my gifts to be used and steps to be taken for me). I do need to make good decisions, and follow what is placed in my path, but I don’t need to create that path. All of my days were appointed before one of them even came to be. It’s such a freeing realization and reminder.

Even if I can’t see around the bend of the next step or the ten year plan, it’s okay. I just need to follow the promptings that I have, and learn to trust more fully in my Lord who is leading. He’s putting together a story with my life that will bring Him glory and honor.

No comments: