Tuesday, December 28, 2004

January's a-comin'

I had a blessed Christmas season, although it always seems to come to a close so quickly. There is such anticipation and build-up, and then in one fell swoop, it is finished and you are left picking up stray pieces of wrapping paper and disassembling the decorated tree.

But that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If the whole year was as event-packed and frantic as December was, our life expectancy would probably be shortened by about 40 years. I’m always thankful for the January calm when it approaches with the freshness of a new year.

Yet as packed as this last month was, there were some sweet memories as well. I got to spend some quality time with my family – which is sometimes a rare thing with all of our conflicting schedules. The annual tree hunt is always a highlight.



A new addition to this years Christmas memories: an all-out Alias fest for my brother and I. 2 full seasons in the span of about a month – that’s a lot of TV time logged. (We found a new addiction and need to be caught up for when the 4th season starts on January 4.)


Another memory that I think needs to be at least a yearly occurrence - a trip to the nearby ice skating rink. Fun times had by all, especially Missy with her face-plant to the ice. Pictures will follow shortly.

No comments: