Thursday, January 20, 2005

Blown Away

That’s what I am right now. Completely blown away.

I’ve watched for the last two weeks as God has been orchestrating this new journey for me, He has been hand-crafting it to fit the desires, talents, and concerns that I have.

I talked with a friend of a friend the other night who lives in Bend and worked at Crystal Peaks for awhile. She sounds like an awesome girl and told me to give her a call when I get into town and she will show me around. And I was worried that I didn’t know a soul down there.

I got an email two days ago from the ranch’s volunteer coordinator who I’ve been communicating with for the last two weeks to see if I could come down and interview for a part-time admin position. I have so much experience with that, I think it would be a perfect fit. Plus, their starting pay is so good for a non-profit. And I was worried about finding a job.

I just got the confirmation that I am able to stay rent-free with a lady who supports the ranch until I get settled. And I was worried that I didn’t have a place to live.

From the very beginning I felt like this was something I was supposed to do. I took the first step by visiting this place, and ever since then, doors have been opening left and right. I’ve never been in the situation where I knew without a shadow of a doubt that this is where I am supposed to go. It brings such confidence and assurance.

It also makes me wonder why I haven’t trusted and relied more fully on God before. That’s something that is going to change!

Jeremiah 32:27 – “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there any thing too hard for me?”

1 John 5:14-15 – This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we asked of him.

No comments: