Sunday, January 09, 2005

Good night? It's still up in the air...

Steph and I had a great time last night – a night out in Seattle. We had a fabulous dinner at the Palomino followed by The Lion King at the Paramount Theatre. It was incredible – the costumes and sets were pretty amazing, so creative.

I love going to the theatre – it makes me feel so cultured. I’m really not, but I can fake it alright for a bit. Long enough to enjoy some of the stage, that is.

I was also reminded that it’s always an adventure when Steph and I are together. We started out by wondering around the city for a bit. Seattle’s streets are a little on the crazy side – good luck trying to find your way around if you are from out of town. But after asking 4 different people for directions, we managed to make our reservations at the restaurant and also be seated before the show began.

Afterwards, we made our way back to the ferry terminal only to find out we had just missed the boat and had to wait over an hour for the next one. On to more wondering of the streets… We didn’t head too far though (not too smart for two girls at night), just down to the Ivar’s Fish & Chip stand for something to drink.

When we finally landed on our side of the water and headed back into Poulsbo, we discovered it had been snowing over there. I had almost delivered Steph safely home, but that was before my car decided to have a mind of its own and slam me into the sidewalk just two houses down from hers. It was a sad moment. I have decided that I hate snow. And I want to move somewhere that has snow all winter? Ha! We’ll see how that goes – I may stay in my house all winter!

Here’s to good friends who are great adventure-pals, those who rescue you when you don’t have a drivable car, and to future studded snow tires!

No comments: