Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Day

Yes! Finally my little bro is growing up enough to start buying good music, so that I can delight in it as well! That along with stealing Stacey's music collection, and I am the happy owner of some sweet new tunes. So many songs, so little time.

Work is back to normal today - people are actually there and being productive, not just wasting time and watching the clock as almost everyone else is taking crazy amounts of holiday time. Oh wait, maybe that was just me. In any case, I now feel slightly motivated to get some stuff done, especially since I have some deadlines looming. I get rather slack during the holidays at the office, things slow way down and there doesn't seem much point to work very hard. It doesn't help that I am already feel 'short-timers' disease. I'm ready to move on.

The weather is amazing right now - the air is chilly, but it's so clear out with the sun shining brightly. I took a little run after work with my dog in tow. As we approached the downtown area of the quaint Norwegian town that I live in, it was getting pretty dark. I sat down at the waterfront marina watching the last slivers of light fade behind the mountains. I truly live in such a breathtaking place. I was consciously soaking it in, burning that memory into my mind to take it with me as I go on. This place will always be home to me. The place where you feel yourself relax just bit more as you drive into town. I will miss it, but I also know that new adventures await just around the bend.

No comments: