Tuesday, January 25, 2005

No Turning Back

My plans are now officially official.

I turned in my resignation on Friday and felt surprisingly nervous about it. As confident as I was about my decision, it’s hard to let go of what you have. Although I may not feel challenged in my job, or alive in my current pursuits, they are still easy and right in front of me. I don’t need to stretch out and grab them, they are within my arm’s reach.

But as soon as those doubts assail me, they are whisked away by the knowledge of how God has been preparing me for this change. And also that He will be walking in front, beside, and behind me the entire way.

I sat down with my boss (who is also one of my closest friend’s mom), and told her my plans and gave my notice. After I was able to share my story of how this all came about, she asked to pray for me and started to get choked up. It has been such an amazing thing to work in an environment that has been so encouraging and uplifting.

I made the announcement to the rest of the staff today in our Staff Meeting and was greeted with warm smiles and encouraging nods as I looked around the table. I know that as much as they hate to see me go, they are behind me completely.

But now there is no turning back! Yikes, here I go!

No comments: