Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Heads Will Roll

Tonight after small group for 40 Days of Purpose, David and Amanda (a great couple that Stacey and I met last week), invited us to the indoor soccer game that David and his friend, Jeremy, were playing. (Side note: Dave and Amanda are GREAT! How fun is it to meet people at a small group and actually spend time with them outside of that arena and find out what great people they are. That usually doesn’t happen for me, it’s more of the “well, see you next week” crowd.)

Anyways, I’m not much of a soccer player at all, but I can get very competitive. And I also get very competitive for the team I am rooting for. Granted I only knew the names of three guys on ‘our’ team (and had only met two of those), but once I get into the game a bit, I am a fierce cheerleader. :) Sometime during the second half, as things were getting rough, I told the girls that “heads are going to roll.” I’m not really sure why that popped into my brain, but I shouldn’t really be surprised. I always think of random sayings at weird moments. (It’s usually a combination of two cliches, and I always end up sounding like a fool.) But Stacey laughed at me for a couple minutes, and I couldn’t help but smile. I love to make people laugh, but it rarely happens. I’m just not the quick-on-her-feet type of gal.

I love laughter (and inside jokes) shared among friends, you can’t really ask for more. :)

No comments: