Tuesday, October 05, 2004


I was missing my house today.

For the past two years I have lived in this old remodeled barn, complete with grain silo in the back. It has been a wonderful haven that I enjoyed with three great roommates, who added so much laughter, wisdom, and experience to my life. Through many circumstances, they all had to move out, and thus forced me to move back with my parents, as I couldn't afford living at 'the barn', as we dubbed it. I live in a pretty small town (not a college town where there are always girls looking for a place to stay), so there wasn't an overabundance of roommates available.

The week that I was preparing to move out, I would cry at the drop of a hat. I was so anxious about this upcoming change in my life, that everything seemed slightly out of control. Well, at least out of my control, which wasn't an easy thing for me.

It's only been just over a week that I have been back at my parents, and although there are things that will take some adjusting to (one bathroom for four of us, a teenage brother who eats everything in sight, including any leftovers that might even have my name on them in the fridge, etc.), God has proven once again that He is faithful to provide for me. Things could be much worse. I have a sturdy roof over my head, plenty of food to eat (even if it isn't food that I had been saving), heat as we are approaching the cold season, and people who genuinely care about me.

Through this I am learning how to lean even more fully on Christ for the plan that He has for me. I can't see the ending yet, let alone the next chapter, but I am holding onto the fact that there will be a new chapter, and it will beyond what I could plan. My God is so faithful, so creative, and I am so thankful. Posted by Hello

No comments: