Tuesday, October 19, 2004

No Regrets

I got a call back from the ranch today.

That sentence kind of has mixed emotions for me. On one hand, the thought of a new adventure where I think I would actually feel like my soul was crying out a resounding, “Yes! Finally something that awakens me!” is an exciting thought. But the other side of me fears change. “What if it isn’t all I dreamed of? What if I am once again crushed from unfulfilled imaginings?” Ah, the uncertainties of life – you never truly know what each new step might bring. I have a month before I even go down there to check it out, so I get to wrestle with this for a while still.

I was watching the kids of one of my pastor’s again tonight. As we were chatting before they took off, he reminded me of something I had been thinking about a while ago (before all these choices presented themselves). I never want to look back on my life with regrets, knowing that I missed out on opportunities. It’s easy where I’m at right now, but the easy path doesn’t allow you to have great stories to share at the end of your life. I’m learning how to trust with each new twist this life brings me.

No comments: