Monday, October 04, 2004

Only 81 Shopping Days Left...

I know it seems crazy to be thinking about Christmas already (especially with this Indian summer weather we have been having here in the Northwest), but it’s been rolling around in my brain for a few weeks now.

I am helping the music department of my church put on a Holiday Dessert Theater and preparations are well underway. We held drama and solo auditions yesterday and I was a part of the selection process. It’s been some time since I’ve been involved in drama and I’ve really missed it, so this is fun for me.

We had some really talented people audition, so it wasn’t hard to fill most of the spots. But there were a few that we were missing. I’m not sure exactly how this happened, but I am now singing a solo during one of the scenes (part of I Am by Nicole Nordeman).

I enjoy singing in my car (I’m sure I bring plenty of entertainment to my fellow drivers – this crazy girl singing her heart out), but put me on stage and I kind of freak out. I have no problem performing a drama or monologue, but make me sing and it becomes so much more vulnerable.

It’s funny how God likes to stretch me whenever He has the opportunity. And as much as it makes me nervous, it's also kind of exciting at the same time. It's great to be part of a production like this. So, now I shall be bring even more entertainment to those on the road with me - I've got a song I've got to perfect.

No comments: