Friday, October 08, 2004

Raindrops on Roses...

Here are a few of my favorite things...
  • I came home from work yesterday to discover that the books that I had ordered online had arrived. I love to see that large brown truck rumble up the street and have Randy (I see him deliver packages almost everyday at work, we are now on a first name basis) jog up to present me with a parcel filled with goodies. Among the treasures was the Ragamuffin Gospel. I've read Manning's "The Signature of Jesus" and discovered another favorite author.

  • I got to see my good friend, Carly, visiting from sunny California last night. The girl looked gorgeous, obviously California is loving her. I’ve been thinking of friendships lately, and will write more later on that.

  • It’s a Friday, ‘nuff said. But an added bonus to my Fridays is that I get to enjoy the sweet song of music while I am working. My desk is located in the front area of our church office that I share with another admin assistant. It’s difficult for her to concentrate with music playing, so I reserve this for Fridays when she has the day off.

  • I got a new computer at work. I had been struggling for about a month on my old one that was slowly dying. I’m not sure what I downloaded, but it was bad. Now I have a sweet new machine, complete with a DVD player – anyone up for a movie??

  • A co-worker just walked up offering these delicious smelling scone cookie things. Pumpkin with chocolate drizzled on top. It’s like heaven to my nose. And a reminder that autumn is upon us – the smell of pumpkin always conjures up memories of holidays past.

  • It is lightly misting outside. It’s been awhile since we’ve had rain, and I just love it. I guess you have to grow to love it when you live near Seattle, but I truly do. It reminds me of the old being washed away, and the new being brought to life.

Alright, enough of the daisies and roses already, I need to get back to work!


No comments: